• Period : 17th c.
• Place of manufacture: Venice (Italy)
• Manufacturing technique : blown glass, chain decoration in blue glass
• Dimensions: H : 6,5 ; Ø : 21
• Collection: Coll. J. Geyssant
• Credit: © Lucie Nicolas / Ecomusée de l’Avesnois
This platter is of typical Venetian design, elegant and lightweight, made in clear and very pure “cristallo”. Blue glass decoration applied to the underside of the platter depicts a circular chain bordered on either side by two concentric lines in clear glass which have been worked using a wheel cutter, demonstrating total mastery of the technique. Platters like this were used to serve confectionery, fruit or small glasses.